The West Springfield Park and Recreation Department is excited to announce that the indoor track located above the West Springfield High School Gymnasium will now be open to the general public during specific hours listed below. The distance around the upper track is 1/8th of a mile, so 8 revolutions is equal to one mile.
Where: West Springfield High School, 425 Piper Rd. West Springfield
When: Sundays 12:00pm-4:00pm
January 5, 12, 19, 26 (2020)
February 2, 9, 16, 23 (2020)
Who: All West Springfield residents 14 & up (Children 13 & under may walk or jog with an adult)
Rules and Regulations:
- Walkers and joggers must have a valid West Springfield ID to sign in with the gym supervisor on duty.
- Sneakers/walking shoes only; no cleats or shoes with heels allowed.
- The track is not to be utilized for viewing activities in the gymnasium-- NO SPECTATORS
- No food or beverages allowed on the track except water in a plastic container.
- Track usage at West Springfield High School through the Park and Recreation Department is open to West Springfield residents ages 14 and up. Children 13 and under may walk or jog alongside a participating adult.
- Only walkers and joggers are allowed on the track.
- Restrooms are located on the first floor in the lobby gym area.
- Using any other area of the high school is NOT PERMITTED.