The Park & Recreation Department, in cooperation with Central Maintenance, offers 16’x 20’ mini Garden Plots located in Mittineague Park. Central Maintenance will prepare plots for planting and identify plot boundaries by numbered posts along with access to water provided to gardeners.
Open registration will begin on Monday, April 6, 2020, on a first come first serve basis.
Central Maintenance will assume the responsibility for the initial tilling of the plots, therefore gardeners CANNOT BEGIN planting until April 20, 2020 (with consideration of weather and soil condition.)
Please note the following additional rules concerning eligibility:
1. Person registered must work the plot. Those who failed to maintain their plot last year will not be considered this year.
2. Only one plot per person or family unit.
3. No group registration will be accepted.
4. Plots not planted by June 5, 2020, will be reassigned by the Park & Recreation Department on a first come, first served basis.
Garden Plot Types Fees
16’x20’ Garden plot $25.00 resident ~ $30.00 non-resident
6’x3’ Raised garden plots for disabled or elderly $10.00 resident ~ $15.00 non-resident
- March 23, 2020 ~ Registration for returning gardeners begins
- April 6, 2020 ~ Open registration begins on a first come, first served basis
- April 20, 2020 ~ Garden season OPEN (with consideration to weather and soil condition)
- June 5, 2020 ~ Plots not planted will be reassigned
- November 1, 2020 ~ Garden season CLOSED, clear plots for tilling
To apply, fill out a Garden Plot Application and turn it in to the Park & Recreation Department.
2020 Garden Plot Applications will be available soon! Check back later for more info!