The West Springfield Suburban Youth Football Association, sponsored by the West Springfield Park & Recreation Department, is proud to present the 2020 Youth Football season for children in grades 3-8. Click here for the latest information.
Football consists of 3 age groups:
Pee Wees - 3rd and 4th Grade
Juniors - 5th and 6th Grade
Seniors - 7th and 8th Grade
*Youth Football Need-to-Knows*
- Registration typically takes place May - middle of June (exact dates will vary). This year, registrations will take place May 1st to July 10th.
- Football begins in August
- Football is open to children who are West Springfield Residents or who attend a West Springfield Public/Private School. Proof of attending a West Springfield Public/Private School must be provided prior registering. Non-Residents can participate for an additional fee.
- Football's Most Frequently Asked Questions
- Wolverines Website
- Wolverines 2020 Flyer
What do we provide?
- WSSYF provides all the equipment for football on a lease basis (with the exception of some personal items.) All equipment must be returned at the end of each season.
- Mouth Piece
- Shoulder Pads
- Integrated Game Pants
- Integrated Practice Pants
- Football Game Jersey
What equipment do you need to buy?
- Water Bottle
- Cleats (no metal, screw-ins are acceptable, 3/4's of an inch or less)
- Athletic Supporter w/ Cup
- Football Practice Jersey (available for purchase at equipment handout, $20)