West Springfield Youth Lacrosse
The West Springfield Youth Lacrosse Association (WSYLA), a private group supported by the West Springfield Park and Recreation Department, is proud to present the 2020 lacrosse season for all children in grades 3-8.
WSYLA's goal is to teach the game of lacrosse, the oldest sport in America, along with the virtues of good sportsmanship and teamwork to the boys and girls of West Springfield.
The WSYLA is a private group governed by a Board of Directors that consists of volunteers from the community. The boys program is affiliated with the Connecticut Valley Youth Lacrosse League (CVYL), whose membership includes over 30 cities and towns in Western Massachusetts and Central and Northern Connecticut. The girls program is affiliated with the Western Massachusetts Girls Youth Lacrosse (WMGYL) League, with member teams from towns in the Connecticut River Valley. A governing board from each league establishes rules of play for their respective programs.
Youth Lacrosse consists of 3 age groups:
- Boys and Girls Bantam Program (Grades 3 & 4)
- Teaches fundamentals
- Boys and Girls Junior Program (Grades 5 & 6)
- Advanced skills are developed
- Boys and Girls Senior Program (Grades 7 & 8)
- Further prepares athletes for high school level
- Each age grouping plays against teams in their respective leagues. For example, those in the Bantam Program only play other teams in the Bantam Program.
- Each age grouping is entered in a tournament for their age group at the end of the season.
- For more information on the Girl's Lacrosse Program, head to their website here.
- For more information on the Boy's Lacrosse Program, head to their website here.
- For registration information, head to the respective websites above