The West Springfield Municipal Offices are closed to the public until further notice. Staff can be reached by phone or email.
The Planning Division of the Department of Planning and Development is responsible for guiding residential and commercial development proposals through the land-use permitting processes as outlined in the Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision Rules and Regulations. The Division coordinates the multi-department review and requisite legal processes for applications submitted to the Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals. Furthermore, the Division assists and collaborates with other local agencies including the Town Council, Licensing Commission, Building Division, Conservation Division, Community Development, and Department of Public Works on projects relating to or impacting local planning efforts.
On Friday April 24, the Town Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness (MVP) team conducted a webinar to discuss West Springfield's involvement in the MVP program. Watch here:
The state-funded MVP program helps municipalities plan for climate change and develop initiatives to reduce the town’s vulnerability to climate-related hazards and build resilience in the community. The webinar reviews local climate projections and describes priority actions developed during the Community Resilience Building Workshop held in January.
Related Pages & Documents
- 1067 Riverdale St (front setback parking)_SPP_20
- 1067 Riverdale St._Starbucks (site_parking_drive thru)_20
- 115 Southworth St _NEW Coburn Elementary_20
- 175 Circuit Ave RMD_SPP_20
- 246 Memorial (grocery parking waiver)_SPP_20
- 264 Rogers Ave (garage)_SPP_20
- 33 Westfield Street (Hair Salon Parking Waiver)_SPP_20
- 437 Riverdale (New Car Dealer)_SPR_20
- Amostown Road ID 055-002-018
- Somerset Heights_Prelim_5lots_20
- ZMA & ZOA Billboard Overlay District (BOD) Dike_Riverdale_20
- ZMA 915 Memorial BA to MC (big e)_2020
- ZMA Mill Revitalization Overlay District_20
- ZOA Electronic Gaming_2020