Bulky Item Disposal Program
Curbside bulk pickup offered by K&W Recycling: 413-498-0099 $75 non-refundable fee (price is subject to change) via credit card is required.
Bulk drop off location K&W Recycling: 138 Palmer Avenue West Springfield, MA
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-3:30PM Saturday 8:00AM-11:30AM (hours are subject to change at any time)
*Personal protective equipment is required when dropping off bulk items*
You can find a list of required PPE below. If you don't have these items, you can purchase them at the K&W transfer station.
Bulk pick-up and drop-off requirements:
- Only Residents that live in a house serviced by the Town of West Springfield's curbside Trash and Recycling pickup program ARE eligible to utilize the Bulky Item Disposal Program.
- Residents that live in West Springfield Housing homes, apartment buildings or any other building that is not serviced by the Town's system are NOT eligible to utilize this program.
- When you drop off at the Transfer Station you will need identification to prove residency.
- Bulk item disposal is available to you for three (3) total service events per fiscal year of up to 5 items per event. The fiscal year runs from July 1st-June 30th. Events can be a drop off in-person at the K&W transfer station, or a scheduled curbside pick-up at your residence.
Bulky Rigid Plastic Items:
- Thanks to the MassDEP funded project - Bulky Rigid Plastics are being recycled at the K&W Transfer Station
- To see a list of acceptable and UNACCEPTABLE bulky rigid plastic items
Mattresses (rates will apply):
- As of November 1, 2022 the cost to dispose of a mattress is $50, no matter the size. Price is subject to change at any time.
- A mattress will NOT be counted as one of your 15 items that can be disposed of per year.
Computer Monitors and TVs are Drop-off ONLY (rates will apply)
Items containing Freon are Drop-off ONLY (rates will apply)