CARE Coalition Members work together to strengthen our community capacity to support positive youth development and reduce risky behaviors among youth by:
- Increasing protective factors and reducing risk factors among youth using primarily strength-based strategies and environmental strategies.
- Evaluating and monitoring risky behaviors among youth, and sharing the data with the community.
- Establishing and strengthening collaboration among local stakeholders, including elected officials, parents, youth, schools, agencies, faith communities, law enforcement, local businesses and municipalities to increase protective factors and reduce risk factors among youth in West Springfield.
- Understanding the diversity of the community and striving to include those historically underrepresented and/or disproportionately affected by substance use in chosen strategies.
- Facilitating collaborative fund raising, grant writing and programming among coalition members.
- Researching evidence-based practices, and sharing data, information and resources.
Reach out and connect with us
The CARE Coalition is involved with several social media outlets to better serve our community. You can find us at the following...
Additonally if you would like to sign up to our newsletter, you can do so here!