The West Springfield Torpedoes Competitive Swim Team, sponsored by the West Springfield Park & Recreation Department, will begin their season on Tuesday, October 10, 2023.
COMPETITIVE SWIM TEAM TRY-OUTS:
Tuesday - Thursday, October 10 - October 12 ~ 5:45PM - 7:15PM, NEW SWIMMERS ONLY
(New swimmers are those that did not swim in the Summer 2023 Season)
Monday - Thursday, October 16 - January 18 ~ NEW & RETURNING SWIMMERS
Practices are held at the West Springfield High School Sady Pool. Head Coach will place swimmer in appropriate swim level.
Practice times vary based on swimmer's level. Practice times are 5:45pm - 6:45pm, 5:45pm - 7:15pm, or 6:15pm - 8:15pm.
Pre-Registration and payment is required by 4:00pm on Friday, October 6, 2023.
Torpedoes Competitive Swim Team is open to:
- Children who are West Springfield Residents currently enrolled in Grades K-12 ($120)
- (Fee = $120 for any additional swimmer in the same household)
- Children who are Non-Residents currently enrolled in Grades K-12 ($175)
Registration fee is refundable if swimmer decides not to participate OR if Head Coach does not approve the swimmer on or before October 19, 2023.
- Competitive swimsuits are available for order during registration for an additional fee. Swimsuit sizing available for new/returning swimmers during tryouts (October 10-19).
- Practices take place Monday - Thursday, beginning at 5:45pm - 6:45pm, 5:45pm - 7:15pm, or 6:15pm - 8:15pm depending on the swimmer's level. Head coach will place swimmer in appropriate level.
- Swimmers attend 2-4 practices a week.
- Swim Meets will begin the weekend of November 4, 2023.
- Swimmers must swim in 4 or more meets during the season to participate in League Champs.
- Children ages 8 & under must be supervised by a parent/guardian at all times (meets & practices). Children ages 9 & 10 must be signed in and out by a parent/guardian.
Interested in volunteering? Torpedoes Swim Team is actively looking for individuals to assist the team.
- Needed: Deck Duty Supervisors, Swim Meet Volunteers (concessions, timers, stroke & turn officials, etc.)
- *Each swimmer's family is expected to volunteer for 2 halves of swim meets.
- A Mandatory Parent Meeting will take place on Monday, October 16, 2023 at 6:00pm. This meeting will be in person at Sady Pool or virtual. The link will be sent via TeamSnap.
Frequently Asked Questions(PDF, 431KB)
WAYS TO REGISTER: