The West Springfield Torpedoes Competitive Swim Team, sponsored by the West Springfield Park & Recreation Department, will begin their season on Monday, April 24, 2023.
COMPETITIVE SWIM TEAM TRY-OUTS:
Monday - Thursday, April 24 - April 27 ~ 5:45PM - 6:45PM, NEW SWIMMERS ONLY
(New swimmers are those that did not swim in the Winter 2022 Season)
Monday - Thursday, May 1 - July 20 ~ NEW & RETURNING SWIMMERS
Practices are held at the West Springfield High School Sady Pool. Head Coach will place swimmer in appropriate swim level.
Practice times vary based on swimmer's level. Practice times are 5:45pm - 6:45pm, 5:45pm - 7:30pm, or 6:15pm - 8:15pm.
Pre-Registration and payment is required by 4:00pm on Friday, April 14, 2023.
Torpedoes Competitive Swim Team is open to:
- Children who are West Springfield Residents currently enrolled in Grades K-12 ($100)
- Children who are Non-Residents currently enrolled in Grades K-12 ($150)
West Springfield Residents with more than one swimmer will have fee decreased by $5 for each additional swimmer.
Registration fee is refundable if swimmer decides not to participate OR if Head Coach does not approve the swimmer on or before May 4, 2023.
- Competitive swimsuits are available for order during registration for an additional fee. Swimsuit sizing available for new/returning swimmers during tryouts (April 24-27).
- Practices take place Monday - Thursday, beginning at 5:45pm - 6:45pm, 5:45pm - 7:30pm, or 6:15pm - 8:15pm depending on the swimmer's level. Head coach will place swimmer in appropriate level.
- Swimmers attend 2-4 practices a week.
- Swim Meets will begin the weekend of June 3, 2023.
- Swimmers must swim in 4 or more meets during the season to participate in League Champs.
- Children ages 8 & under must be supervised by a parent/guardian at all times (meets & practices). Children ages 9 & 10 must be signed in and out by a parent/guardian.
Interested in volunteering? Torpedoes Swim Team is actively looking for individuals to assist the team.
- Needed: Deck Duty Supervisors, Swim Meet Volunteers (concessions, timers, stroke & turn officials, etc.)
- *Each swimmer's family is expected to volunteer for 2 halves of swim meets.
- A Mandatory Parent Meeting will take place on Monday, May 1, 2023 at 6:00pm. This will be a VIRTUAL MEETING. The link will be sent via TeamSnap.
WAYS TO REGISTER: